Skip to main content

In The Midst Of Life There Are Blessings


Life can be wonderfully messy, overwhelmingly challenging and unpredictably joyous. 
It can knock the breath out of us when we least expect it and it can raise us up to the highest of highs. 
After all that is life right? 
A life long journey of valleys and mountain tops. 

It is easy to be thankful and see our blessings when life is all peachy;When the sun is continuously shining and joy is blissfully raining in abundance. 
It is when the crazy messiness , the over whelming stress , the unpredictability of  what is looming on the horizon and fear of the unknown that can leave a person blinded to see past the trials and tribulations and recognize the blessing in the midst. 

There is always blessings in the breaking, we just have to be willing to see them .
Many times in my life my blessings have been disguised by my trials, however my daddy God has never proven to fail me, for in the end of my trial I saw my blessing.

James 1:2-5
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 

Are you going through a trial right now?
Does your life seem discombobulated?
Have you had one thing after another knock you off your feet  and the juggling act of life wearing you down?
Are you at a point when all you want to do is breathe?
If so, I want you to take a moment and look beyond the messiness; see past the hurdles of life and find a blessing in the midst.

I have asked a few of my closets friends to share one blessing they have found in their life struggles.
They have each blessed my heart and have allowed me to share.

* Strength and guidance was found when she was weary and confused. 

* After the loss of her child, she was given a beautiful grandchild that has brought a love in her heart that can not be explained. 

* She still has her mom with her, healthy and active , supporting her through all her own health issues. 

* Her family restored to her after overcoming an addiction. 

* After her divorce she was blessed with a man who loves her without reserve. 

* A son whom she thought she had lost, returned emotionally healed and whole. 

* She forgave the men who had sexually abused her when she was a child and was healed with a peace that was life giving. 

* She surrendered to mercy when her livelihood was destroyed by another.  In the end she was blessed 10 fold for all that she had lost.

* She discovered a new found strength within herself when she was diagnosed with breast cancer,   

Do you see yourself in any of the above?
Can you find your blessing in the midst?
Maybe your trials are different for those listed, but a trial is a trial and for each one we go through, there is a blessing and a testimony for others to witness Gods wonderful grace and His beautiful love.

My blessing that I find time and time again in my own struggles....
Unconditional love.
A army of family and friends who stand for me when the world has taken a toll on my heart and soul.
A multitude of people who love me when I can not love myself.

Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living. 

The old saying there is always sunshine after the rain rings true...
In the midst of life there are always blessings.

xoxo
Stacey


* What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise? " 
Song: Blessings
Written and Sung by : Laura Story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was