Skip to main content

Getting My Hinds Feet


Several months ago I received a word from my daddy God telling me He was giving me hinds feet!
I became so excited and thrilled not realizing what I was to go through to receive these promised hinds feet.

In my mind, I saw it happening all at once....
No more would I struggle to get to the places I was called to go....
I would go leaping and bounding across all the boulders in my path....
There would no longer be traps and snares in my path....
I was climbing my mountain with my new hinds feet!!!

But wait.......
I now face more trials.....
Heavier loads.....
More stress.....
More obstacles.....
Loneliness that is unexplainable.....
I look down and I do not see "hinds feet".
I see crippled, hurting feet.
~sigh~

I do not understand....
I can't comprehend this journey....
I was promised hinds feet and I now appear to be stumbling my way over these now larger boulders in my path.
I want my promised "hinds feet".......

Our daddy God works in ways we can not understand.....
We can only see the here and now but He can see it all!!
I was blessed with a book recommendation several months ago and just recently uploaded it on my nook.
( Thank you Laura )

"Hinds Feet on Higher Places" written by Hannah Hurnard

" Much Afraid had been in the service of the Chief Shepherd, whose flocks pastured down in the Valley of Humiliation She lived with her friends and fellow workers Mercy and Peace in a tranquil little white cottage in the village of Much-Trembling. She loved her work and desired intensely to please the Chief Shepherd, but happy as she was in most ways, she was conscious of several things which hindered her in her work and caused her secret distress and shame. Here is the allegorical tale of Much-Afraid, an every-woman,searching for guidance from God to lead her to a higher place."  ( Description from  book jacket)

(Click Here for a sneak peek)

I am now reading this book for the second time.
My understanding is greater.....
My questions are being answered one word at a time.....
And with each place I am led to walk through, my feet are transforming. ......
Through the valley.....
Through the desert.....
The shoreline of the sea of loneliness......
Back around to the foot of the mountain.....

My trust in the Chief Shepherd is expanding....
The love in my heart is broader......
My faith is stronger.....

I am learning, growing and watching my feet become "Hinds Feet".....

I am climbing to the High Places.........
Just as my daddy God promised!!!



Psalm 18:33

King James Version (KJV)
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.



xoxoxo
Stacey

Comments

  1. Hi Stacy, found your blog via Michell's Doing You Well Wednesday link up. When I think of hinds feet, rugged places comes to mind. May your steps continue to be secure in Him. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda! I too think of rugged places, but praise the Lord he is our companion!! :)
      Blesings to you!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your post! One thing I know, for sure: When God gives you your heart's desire, you had better get ready to work, work, work. The blessing given to you must me passed on to others. You can't keep your "hinds feet" to yourself and you may want God to take them back, as they are more trouble than joy. But, there is territory to be covered! Blessings to you! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnak yo Cynthia!! We must all go through a growing process to receive our hinds feet, but we are all more the better to make this journey!!

      Blessings to you!!

      Delete
  3. These words are beautiful, and your writing is just brilliant. Your an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl, as you are to me!!

      Blessings to you!!!

      Delete
  4. These words are so wonderful to me. Because this is the day that our Lord has made, I will use my hinds feet to leap over every obstacle and go forth abounding in HIS grace. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!! Keep leaping my friend, Keep leaping!!!

      Blessings!!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your journey with God as you learn to leap and place your feet firmly on the higher mountains. Thank you for sharing at "Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting!!!
      Many blessings to you!!

      Delete
  6. My husband introduced me to this book many years ago...his mom read it to him every night. It is powerful. I gave it to my mom... it was that book that led her to healing on her very difficult journey. Beautiful post!! Visiting from Doing You Well link up. SO glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you stopped in!! Thank you for your sweet words. I love this book and it has opened my eyes to many new understandings!!!

      Blessings to you!! :)

      Delete
  7. I love this book - I, too, am so eager for my hinds' feet ... and get so discouraged when I forget that it's my trials that will form them. Learning to trust, little by little, His Goodness, even when I can't see the "why". Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!!! I have found I am in need of reminders daily. It is through our trials we form our hinds feet :))
      So glad you stopped by :))
      Blessings to you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was