Skip to main content

Finding Greatness In My Life


Worldly greatness is defined in society by our bank accounts, our job titles, our homes and in many venues our social status. 
The world deems the quality of success from who we know to what we do in life. 
Everyone wants to feel important at one time or another; to have a sense of accomplishment, a goal met, or a dream birthed into reality, However I am finding as I get older what true greatness has become in  my life. 
I believe in growing and bettering ourselves in life. I believe in prosperity and pursuing dreams and goals. But I do not define my greatness in things acquired of this world. 
I am finding my greatness in the lives of those I love and those who love me. 

As a woman and a mom watching my oldest daughter accomplish her dreams with determination and dedication with the knowledge she will go farther in life than I ever have or imagined....
That is a greatness. 
To be able to see my youngest daughter become a mom at a early age, never giving up and striving to make a better life for her son with such strength and courage....
That is a greatness. 
To have the love of my grandson goes over and beyond anything I ever dreamed my heart could hold and having the privilege to see the world through his precious eyes...
That is a greatness. 
To have the family and friends that I do whose unconditional love for me never waivers...
That is a greatness.
And my biggest greatness in life comes in the knowledge I am a child, a daughter, of the most high God. 

Having a stable bank account, a fantastic job, and a beautiful home are blessings but is when we look inside those blessings and see the ones whose love has carried us through to accomplish our goals and dreams is when our greatness in life is found. 

This year as the holidays approach , I am giving thanks for all the greatness in my life. 
For hard lessons learned....
For success in my daily trials....
For the love of my family, I can't imagine my life without them.....
For the accomplishments in the lives of those I hold dear.....
For every mountain and every valley I have climbed and walked.....
For every answered prayer....
And every unanswered one...
For my friends who stand with me and by me in truth and compassion......
For the ability my daddy God has given me to see the heart of a person....
And love them as he does without reserve. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and praying you all find your greatness in life. 

Finding Greatness In My Life~

xoxo
Stacey

Psalm 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

Comments

  1. Hi Stacey, the world's way of measuring greatness only leads to hopelessness and disappointment. The ways you mention are everlasting and bring great joy. I think too, God wants us to find these things in one another. Relationship is His way... Great post, great reminders to seek joy and greatness in the right places.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

When Goliath Refuses To Fall

Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I ha…

He Did Not Just Wear His Badge.....He Gave His Life.

I don't recall a time in my life where my faith has ever wavered, I trust God. I believe in Him and His promises.   However in the recent events I am finding it's not my lack of  trust that has me on my knees, it's my lack of understanding . The grief that has consumed my community and our nation is smothering the very essence of my heart.
So much death.....
So much violence.....
So much brokenness.....
Division at it's worse.

As a nation we grieved for Dallas and the loss of the fallen officers. Today as a community we grieve for our own. The three hero's, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola, who lost their lives in a purposely orchestrated attack. A senseless act which has now placed Baton Rouge on the map of sorrow with others across the US. And one question that screams at us all............
WHY?

I do not have the answer nor will I pretend to.  I wish I did. I pray my words of comfort do not sound  cliche' or hollow. I pray the words from …

Digging Up A Bitter Root

Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."  (NIV)
" Many times bitterness is the result of unresolved anger; anger with ourselves or with others. . Anger that is not dealt with can easily become a dangerous bitter root in our hearts......"
(Click here for more on overcoming bitterness)  My mom has told me time and time again, " Stacey you forgive so easily, that's just who you are." Truth be told, I do forgive fairly easy; I have my moment , express my emotions, shed any needed tears, and move on. Am I perfect? Not hardly. Some situations and circumstances in my life have had me not wanting to forgive, and secretly hoping for God to smite them. Harsh? Yes I know." Lord forgive me."  However over the years I have purposed to do my best to see others with the eyes of my daddy God in spite of my hurting heart. And  there are times, regardless of my hearts desire to forgive, my best will have…