Skip to main content

Her Name is Angie...

 On March 19th, 2011 her entire world changed  within a blink of an eye........




Forgiveness can be such a tough road to walk......
A road filled with hurt.....
Anger.....
Frustration.....
Irritation......
Brokenness.....
A heart that has been beaten and shattered.....
A physical pain that is unbearable......
Unimaginable...........
Uncomphrendable.........
Misery at its worse....
Grief that has no words to describe.

This is the road she now walks........
And has been for the last two years.

Angie was hit head on by a drunk driver, driving a F150 truck, on March 19th, 2011.
The impaired driver was traveling at a speed of 65 miles per hour  when she crossed the center line.....Angie was traveling at 60.

To say it is a miracle she survived would be an understatement.



She had to be cut from her vehicle and sustained multiple, multiple injuries.
Every bone in her face was crushed, which according to the doctor's was equivalent to a shot gun blast to her face.
She had a broken jaw, upper and lower......
Broken right ankle.....
Fractured left leg....
Shattered right knee....
Fractured neck....
Broken collar bone....
Severely ripped lip.....
Brain injury to the frontal lobe.........
Lung failure....
Six broken ribs..........
She had to be placed on a feeding tube and had to have a tracheotomy.



Once again......
By the grace of God she survived!!!!

Angie now walks the ultimate road of forgiveness as she has had to learn to walk, talk, eat, and swallow all over again.
This go get em' lady who's independence and strength in life had been curtailed,  now struggles to understand .........

"Why me?"

It is our lack of understanding in life's tragedies that seem to take  hold of all our emotions......
In the wake of healing physically, we now suffer emotionally. 
The whys and  how comes take over on our worst days.....
And the lack of answers sting us to our core.

Angie's  ultimate forgiveness comes in forgiving the driver who hit her.....
The one who drove while impaired....
Who made the unwise choice to get behind the wheel.....
The decision that changed her life completely....
The decision that was not her own. 

I can not imagine Angie's pain nor will I pretend to.......
What I do know is when we do not forgive, it is like swallowing poison ourselves and waiting for the other person to kill over......

Unforgiveness is a bitter character.....
He steals our joy.....
He steals our peace.....
Our happiness.......
He stomps all over our hearts and minds, having us to relive the pain over and over again.....
He invites bitterness and resentment in , only for them to play tag with our emotions....
He sets up his own projector screen within our minds to play his never ending movie through all our emotions.

Forgiveness is not for the other person.......
It is for ourselves....
Our own healing.....
Our own happiness....
Our own peace.

I feel sure on days when the pain Angie suffers is unbearable, she doesn't want to forgive....
She probably wants to rant and rave....
Pitch a fit....
Scream at the top of her lungs....
Cry until she can cry no more....
At least that is how I believe I would feel, if I were in Angie's shoes.
Forgiveness can be so hard!

But Angie has chosen forgiveness even on her hardest days......
And she continues to make her way, two years later in her recovery....
Physically and emotionally.
 
She is a child of the Most High God.......
 Beautiful and precious...... 
A virtous woman full of God's grace and mercy.
A voice to and for other victims.....
A heart of forgiveness.......
She has become an  inspiration to me and I pray she will be to you.





Her name is Angie...... and 'She Stands"

xoxoxo
Stacey


Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.


*This story is told with Angie's permission*
                                                           * Photo credit Angie G.*

Comments

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was