Skip to main content

My Light Bulb of Obedience


Over the past several weeks, my daddy God has me reading.....
And reading, and reading and reading some more.

No TV, no phones calls.....
No favorite weekly shows......
 Just reading.

He has had me reading everything from Tamar, Rahab, Bathsheba, Ruth, Amos, Aaron, Jonathan, King David to King Solomon.......
The old testament is where He has placed me .......
And it seems I will be here for a time set by the Lord.

I was never an old testament kinda girl.....
After so many "begats" I honestly lost interested.....
I couldn't keep with them all.....
Bored and irritated I would become.

I was a new testament girl......
Or I though I was.........
Right?

It was easier for me to read the new testament.....
The understanding was greater......
I saw the promises.....
I felt the joy....

The old testament.....
Not so much.....
~sigh~

It holds so much war, death and destruction....
Harsh correction.....
And sever consequences.

Consequences that came from lack of obedience.


For each of the persons He has had me to study, He has shown me their failures in life.....
However His emphasis has been on their obedience!!!

They all sinned, fell down, repented and praised the Lord in their lives.
They sought after His will in spite of their down falls and life circumstances. 
He loved them, blessed them, and showed His mercy to them all. .....
Because of their obedience.

He has always desired His children's obedience to Him, our Father.
To trust His word and instructions.....
Even when we don't understand.

My level of understanding in obedience is growing.....
Despite my circumstances....
Regardless of the battles surrounding me......
I am growing.

One of God's promises to his children states , "if I walk with the wise I grow wise. "

Proverbs 13:20

King James Version (KJV)
20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.


I want to encourage you......

When the world tends to wrong you, continue to walk in the steps of obedience your daddy God has ordered. There in those steps is where we find our blessings and the favor of God.

I believe my daddy God has me walking amongst the wise in every word that I read....
Every life that is shared......Tamar, Rahab, Bathsheba, and Ruth
Every battle that is won......King David, Aaron, King Solomon and Jonathan and Amos

I am now an old testament girl......

And  my "light bulb of obedience" is now shinning a little brighter~


xoxoxo
Stacey



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was