Skip to main content

His Love Broke Open The Way.......


His love broke open the way and brought me into a beautiful broad place...... Psalm 18:19 (TPT)


" His love broke open the way...." 


I simply adore those words. I can see in this translation the beautiful resurrection of Christ. Though he laid dead in a darkened tomb with a stone sealing him in and others out, God reached down with His love, kissing life back into His son with life whispering words. And the stone was rolled away...…..



 Many times, in my life there have been situations, circumstances or even relationships which seemed to be placed behind a stone.  No heartbeat. No warming touch. No life at all. There have been other times when I felt like I was the one behind a stone. Stumbling through the pitch blackness, gasping for air, hands forward trying to feel my way out through the absolute dead of silence. Or so it appeared.

BUT. GOD.

He never intended for those things in my life which look to be desolate to remain as such. What I see and what He sees are never the same. A lingering situation may appear to be decayed and useless by my own conception.  He, however, knows it to be a progression; a process of restoring, growth and redeeming.

* Restoring those things which were lost
* Redeeming the unjust seasons
* Growth in spiritual maturity. 


It is in His unfailing love; we are never left as we are. Nothing I ever go through in life is wasted. My Jesus will use every moment of every season in my life to bring beauty from my ashes, healing for my wounds, peace in my despair, joy in the midst of  mourning, patience in the valley, wisdom in the storm, and comfort in the waiting.

He doesn't leave me faltering in the dark behind a cold stone; with His hands extended in grace and mercies dripping from His fingertips, He rolls the stone. Every. Time.


Psalm 21:13 (NKJV) 
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.



My stones came in many fashions.  Stones of brokenness. Stones of unworthiness. Stones of rejection and stones of fear. I had stones of self doubt, some larger than others and some just a pebble of a size. Some stones were ones of facades. I had sadly became real good at hiding my true emotions growing up. My happy plastic face became one of permanency for the many trips around the sun for this girl.

But once again...….

MY. JESUS.

Time and time again  He has delivered me from myself  and the stones I had grown accustom to in my life. He rescued me because He delights in me. Scripture tells us He delights in us all.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV) 
The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

 The beautiful, wonderous broad place is in His arms; sheltered, redeemed, restored, renewed, and loved without measure.


His love broke open the way for me...…..
And for you.



💛



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was