Skip to main content

There Was Jesus






                                                        Photo Credit:  The Chosen  



 Seeing Jesus in the form of a man has been a life challenge for me. I know he is real. I know he walked on earth as living breathing flesh. But growing up I could never connect to the reality of the flesh side of him. I could not understand how someone I could not tangibly see could really love me.  

Until now....

In my 50ish years my journey has led me straight to the face of my Jesus. And my own well of sorts.  
Relating to the woman at the well has not only become a reflection of my own brokenness but a source of my healing.  Jesus never intended for what broke me to have a lifetime hold on me. I did that. I was my own judge. And juror. 

Daily trials, life's mishaps, broken pieces and my lack of understanding continuously led me to the one face who loves me in spite of myself.   My. Jesus. The weariness of my flesh at times will overtake my thoughts in the attempt of removing any presence of Him. But yet He remains. 

He remains in my moments of uncertainty and in my moments of peace. 
 
He is there. 

 Always. 

The last few months he has continuously reminded me though he remains, I am to remain in him. 


If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. - John 15:7

The woman at the well had isolated herself from society in the attempts of hiding her broken shame.  

Guilt. 

Embarrassment. 

Unworthiness. 

Self loathing.

And the list goes on. 

I get her.  

I had isolated my heart and built a wall of a Fort Knox magnitude over the years.  I listened to the voice of shame on repeat over and over again. I questioned my worth, my appearance, my intellect and even His love for me.  

But through it all....

He has met me and continues to meet me at whatever well I am currently at in life, never to turn away from even the ugliest parts of me, and restores His daughter to where He would have me to be.   

There .Was. Jesus. 

And because of Him, my days of sitting at the well have purpose.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was