Skip to main content

The Girls Of STA

*Photo Credit -Seth Doyle*

What is seen through our individual lens may at times look different but yet are the same.  We are each a mom and a grandmother; a sister, a daughter and a friend; one is a wife and two are single. We are women who walk and have walked paths that are identical and some that parallel one another. Then there are the roads we have traveled that could not be more opposite if we tried. However the one common ground, the one perfect picture in each of our lens, the solid foundation of our lives, is Jesus.

There was a time when we three lived, raised our children and worshipped together from our little homes on the prairie. And even though we are now stretched from Texas, Louisiana and Alabama, our geographic location has not become a factor in our bond.  Our personal lenses have expanded and our boulevards have changed directions, but our connection has been made stronger.
We are there to encourage, laugh, share our personal moments; the ones only we women can share. We hold each other up when our tears are many and hug it out when our joy cannot be contained. We are keep it real; we keep it honest. And our time ,when together, Sonic runs are a must for happy hour; because a cherry lime-aid makes everything better. Nor do we forget our great love for Mexican food, as chips and salsa is the perfect go to snack for many a girl talk.

We do not judge, but instead love. We speak life to one another when the world speaks death. We rebuke and declare. We praise and we worship. We battle and stand strong. We are fierce. We are one in Christ. We are intercessors and we are warriors.  We are each others counselors. We are one another shoulders. Our hearts are joined as sisters. And have kindred spirits that can not be broken.

We are "The Girls of STA" ...... Standing Together Always.

These women, Caren and Laura, are not only two of my most precious friends, they are my counselors in abundance. We have seen each other experience many life changes; some good, some heart breaking. But GOD!  He has given us the gift of friendship for a lifetime and when our words fail He is there to speak through us and over us.  Who knew 18 years ago when this Cajun girl moved to East Texas our daddy God had already orchestrated the highway for me to find them?
And though my route was structured after 12 years to come back home to Louisiana, my lens of life shows they are always standing with and for me; just as I am for them.

So here's to us girls and most importantly our daddy God for all He has created us to be. And to our desire to be all He has called us to be!!

We are His....
We are fierce.....
 And we are " The Girls of STA" forever!!














Forever His Daughter,

Stacey
"Where there are no counsel the people fall; But in the abundance of counselors there is safety."
Proverbs 11:14


Comments

  1. My tears run freely down my face as I read that. It's a true gift from God himself to have you and laura as my friends. I am able to bare my soul with out fear of judgement. These friendships are forged in heaven and manifested here on earth. They are rare treasures and I am blessed
    STA forever
    Caren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was