Skip to main content

When Grace and Mercy Are Enough.....Guest Blog by Lyn Livingston

I am so excited to have Lyn Livingston guest post today. Her love for God and all his children is beautiful and her words of truth reflect her heart felt love. Please join me and welcome Lyn to She Stands. !! I know she will bless you as she has blessed me!!



I felt my heart break in half. A wrenching tearing pain signifying a part of me was no longer there.  I felt hot tears burning my eyes and rolling down my cheek. How did this happen?  How could I have lost a friend just like that and not understand why?
Laying the phone down, I held my face in shaking hands, crying out to God between sobs.  “Oh Father, Help me.” I cried. “Help me give grace & mercy, help me understand.  If I have done something wrong show me so I can ask for forgiveness.  Father I need you.”
When rejection becomes personal it develops into a relentless searing sting unlike any other. 
I will be honest, my first reaction was “What! How dare she? After all I did for her and now she is doing this to me.” 
Sound familiar? 
Before I could say the words out loud I caught myself.  I have a choice how I react.  I choose to go to my Heavenly Father first.  I prayed.   Jesus gave me a plan. I pursued a new way to stop the sting.
First, I presented my pain to God asking for forgiveness and understanding. Had I sinned unknowingly against my friend?
I recognized I needed to pray intently to gain understanding. 
The small voice within told me to give grace and mercy in order to understand. 
When my mind stopped focusing on my hurt my heart started focusing on compassion. 
I knew that my friend was overwhelmed.  Her father was in declining health and now on Hospice. She was consumed with the demands her husband’s recovery from major surgery and double duty in their home caused.  The decline in the oil industry had affected her employer and she was now fearful of losing her job.  Each could be overwhelming, together equaled devastation.
Even though I was supporting her with acts of love, and listening, her frustration at a misunderstood communication triggered her anger.  She was not open to an apology and I was unable to give her what she needed the most.  Trust in our Lord.



I began praying for her daily with intent purpose. I prayed with a grateful heart, praising Him for what he was accomplishing in her life and His faithfulness, asking Him for specific healing for her stress and that her heart would be open to forgiveness. 
Two weeks later her family asked.  “Is there anything you can do?” I learned she was pushing others out of her life too, refused to attend church and seemed angry at everyone. 
“I am praying for her.”  I said with urgency. At this point the battle wasn’t mine. Consumed with anger and frustration she was trying to balance a life where she had no control. Her attitude demonstrated a lack of trust, a need to dictate. I knew she would not listen.  I had been in those shoes too.
My friend had dismissed our friendship, eliminated God from her life, and displays anger instead of love. I know this is not her. The only thing I can do is pray, give grace and mercy and wait with hope in my heart.  I fought my feelings of not being enough knowing God is. I miss my friend.

So let us step boldly to the throne of grace, where we can find mercy and grace to help when we need it the most.  Hebrews 4:16 (Voice)

I continue to pray concentrating on truth. Knowing Satan is using this opportunity to slaughter her identity in Christ and rob her peace.  I praise God for how He is working on her behalf. I know she will succeed.
I give grace.  Grace being the instantaneous forgiveness God gives with abundant love.  Grace, created in the blood of Jesus in the ultimate sacrifice for our salvation.  By giving grace I am able to keep the sting of rejection away and focus on showing love following Jesus’ example.
I give mercy.  Mercy, the compassion and empathy of understanding her torment. I experienced my own battles with Satan’s malicious resolve.  I know how hard this battle is.  Mercy directs my prayers towards her needs, giving her strength and wisdom so she can begin to feel hope and love again.
Now, I wait with hope.  Hope she will return first to God and then to our friendship.  I wait knowing prayer, grace and mercy are enough. I am ready to act whenever I get the call to hold and support my friend again. 


Let’s Pray.  Heavenly Father in our time of need help us to give grace and mercy, depending on you for understanding.  When all we are able to do is extend grace and mercy, may we feel we are enough, knowing that through grace we honor Christ Jesus.  Through mercy we find compassion to love abundantly following the example of Jesus.  Be with us in our time of need renewing the spirit within us. In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen        

Lyn 


Lyn Livingston can found at http://www.hisperfecttiming.com/blog/


"I look forward to sharing with you my journey and my insights.  I discovered so many things about my Heavenly Father.  He has always been faithful to me. Yes, even when I wasn’t faithful to Him."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was