Skip to main content

Expect A Harvest Of Great In 2017

 

 
 
Over the last several years, the Lord has given me one word for the New Year. I keep each word tucked away as a reminder of each season I walk. This year I have waited for my word; the word from Him that will send me into the New Year with a new found hope and assurance. Up until 5 minutes ago, I had no word. As my fingers began to flow over my keyboard with the belief I had been given a scripture instead, my word, His word for me, rings in my spirit. "EXPECT" , He tells me.
 
Expect your hearts desires.....
Expect my will to be done.....
Expect the road your are walking will bring you to the place I have set aside for you.
 
This beautiful word now falls into place with the last two words given to me.  2015 I was to "believe His words over my life, 2016 came and I was instructed to "declare" His promises over me. 2017 I am to now "expect" all that has been told spoken to manifest in its fullness. Not only has He given me a word, but a scripture as well. I am unable to contain the joy spilling over from my heart.
 
Psalm 65:11
"You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance."
 
I am in awe of these words. They bounce off the pages of my bible with brilliance.
After further reading I see it is a psalm which was sung at the harvest festival at the end of the agricultural year.  My spirit is now dancing to the tune "reap your harvest". While my inner being continues its foot tapping, finger snapping, hallelujah jig, my eyes become fixated on the number 7 in the year 2017. The number 7 means complete. And then I have a light bulb moment.  Reaping a harvest is the completion of planting seeds.
 
Ohhhh my!! My mind is now in overdrive as I silently take a little inventory of seeds planted over the last several years and become ecstatically jubilant. I seriously can't handle my ginormous glee at this moment.  
 
I believe my harvest will be seeds others have planted in my life.
Seeds I have planted in the lives of those I know will be gathered
And even the ones who we merely crossed paths for a brief moment in time, will be bundled in His goodness.  
 
This new year,  I expect His promises to be fulfilled.
I expect a completion of sorts in different areas of my life.
I expect my hearts desire to blossom and expand.
I expect this new road I am traveling will bring me to the wondrous place my daddy God has set aside for me.  It's harvest time!!
 
I want to encourage you all to expect great things this new year. Stay the course and keep your eyes on our daddy God. You too will reap a harvest!!
 
Expect a harvest of great in 2017~
 
His Daughter,
Stacey
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I love this! In the past, it has been hard for me to believe that God had good things for me. I totally understand how it feels to have scripture leap out of the Bible at you. Our God is amazing!

    Thanks for sharing your word for the year. It's encouraging to me, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Bread

Photo Credit: Clem Onojeghuo
Give us this day our daily bread.......  The smell of fresh baked bread never fails to have my mouth watering and my nose on high alert, not to mention the warm savory taste each bite brings with melted butter dripping over and drizzling down my finger tips. To say I love fresh bread is an understatement at the very least. Bread that gives me nourishment is not to be wasted, and neither is the spiritual bread my daddy God has for me.

The last week or so, when my alarm starts ringing and before my eyes are open, I ask the Lord to give my daily bread. A fresh word, a warm aroma, and a sweet taste of his bread (word) to begin my day. Now I must be honest and say I am far from a morning person. I am not the "jump out of bed, feet hit the floor running, birds chirping" kinda girl. I am a " hit the snooze button 5 more times, slowly sit up , and pry my eyes open with a crow bar" kinda girl.  And thankfully my daddy God knows this, after all …

When God Says Go, Will You Go?

Photo Credit: Greg Raines
Remembering the story of Jonah , God instructs him to go to the city of Nineveh and preach against it because of all the wickedness there. However Jonah fled from the Lord and ran in the opposite direction. After being thrown into the sea and swallowed by a giant fish for three days, Jonah cries out to the Lord and is then spat up from the belly of the fish to go and do as he was instructed.

Jonah 1:1-3
The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, : Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me." But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarnish, paid the fare and went down into it to with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.

I still have a time wrapping my head around the fact Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days. I can not fathom the intense grossness of it all. Can you? Had he gon…

His Binding Love Letter

Photo Credit: Joanna Kosihska
Here it is post Valentine's Day and though I am not a huge fan of this particular holiday, I do find a tender sweetness of it's meaning.

Sometimes being single has it's downfalls and holidays are a reminder that I am indeed single. Most of the time I am quite content where I am in my journey of singleness and then there are those times in between when I wonder if I will ever share my life again with a man. I do not ponder on that thought quite often as I know my daddy God has a plan and the right man for me.  This year Valentine's day was odd for me. I was not in a place of sadness nor did I feel sorry for myself. It was not a pity party holiday for me but yet I found myself wanting to hear I am loved. And I believe my daddy God wanted to show me as well. So yesterday as I read many beautiful post from what seemed like tons of flower pictures, and candy filled "I love yous", I secretly asked myself what is my love letter in life…