Skip to main content

When Goliath Refuses To Fall



Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I have my moments when I feel like the Israelite's did. Frozen in fear......
Overwhelmed with worry.....
Exhausted from the turmoil.....
And ready to run for the hills.

 Through tear stained eyes I tell my daddy God I am done. My fight from within has diminished to a place of annihilation and I can not do this anymore. I am tired, I am weary and unable to hold the sword needed to slay this giant in my life. This battle, in my mind set, has  gone on far too long and Goliath refuses to fall.

I.Just.Can't. Do.This..................

 In the darkness of night ,very quietly, I am reminded of Moses; a time when Aaron had to hold Moses' arms up during battle when Moses could no longer. With his extremely fatigued arms ,unable to be lifted on their own, God sends him help in the physical form.
"Where is my help?" I ask.  He takes me back to all the times others have stood in the gap and continue to do so in prayer for me. They are graciously holding my spiritual arms up during my time of extreme weariness.

I search my heart and ask myself  why I have allowed myself to undeniably loose trust in the sling and stone my daddy God has placed in my hand. Where is the unbridled faith of the daughter of the King of Kings? Why have I been relying on my own efforts instead of the strength and power of my daddy God?   Questions that I find myself pondering extensively.

 At the end of the day and many conversations later with my self and my daddy God, I see where my attention has been on the Goliath in my life and not the power behind my sling and stone.
God is always unwavering however it is up to me to remain faithful in His word and He will remain true to His promises.

I. CAN.DO.THIS.................

2 Corinthians 12:8
Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, " My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. 


When Goliath refuses to fall~

XoXo
Stacey

Comments

  1. Hi Stacey, This is such a powerful post for me. I do keep my eyes on the giant more than on the weapons at my disposal! God's word, the Holy Spirit! Such a great reminder to remember to focus on Him and let Him deal with the giants, and also, to be grateful for those who "hold your arms up" when you get tired! You have done that for me more than once. :)
    God bless my precious friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was