Skip to main content

When I Drift...



I can be notorious for allowing my daily life routine over take me at warp speed; days when all that I need to have done has me running in a million different directions with no time to stop and just breathe. ( Multi tasking at it's worst)

On days when I hit the floor running without first dropping my anchor, daddy God, into the emotional waters of life,  the world will pull me into it's current and have me drifting swiftly into unprotected waters; waters filled with confusion, fear, instability and uncertainty. ( Emotional turmoil of mass destruction)

I know it seems as though I may be the only person in the world to have days such as this and the reality is , I am not.  But what do I do when I am drifting into a current whose sole purpose it to consume and drown me?

I am to step out on the water; to the voice who beckons me to come.

Matthew 14:29
So He said, " Come." And when Peter had come out the boat, he walked on the water to Jesus.

What a wonderful feeling to hear the voice of my daddy God instruct me to come; to walk across the fast rippling current straight into his arms. My safe place from the under tows of the world.

But what happens when I take my eyes off of my daddy God and focus on the current?  Just as Peter did, my sight becomes blinded, my stability in the wind is no longer secure and I begin to sink in fear.

Matthew 14:30
But when he saw that the wind was boisterous he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying" Lord, save me!"

How many times in my own life have I cried out Lord save me?  I can honestly say too many to count. ( I am so grateful He doesn't keep score either.)
" Save me from myself" , I have said.
" Save me from those who intend to harm me", I have pleaded.
"Save me from the currents and storms of this world", I have literally cried out on bending knees.

Matthew 14:31-32
And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, " O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.

I cry out and HE stretches out his arms!!!
Reality tells me I can not control what currents or storms present in my life. We are never promised to not  have trials in life, however we are promised He would never leave nor forsake us.
What I can control is my focus point; choosing to drop my anchor keeps me secure from drowning in the waters of emotional disaster.
I have the strength to push through....
I no longer sink in fear......
And I can walk directly into the arms of my daddy God.

I never saw my faith lacking. However my allowance of fear, the grasp of the current and my shift of sight, which pulls me under, is in fact when I have lacked in faith. Ouch! That came as a huge eye opener. But one that is much needed in my life.  Correction is protection yes?


We are instructed to keep our eyes on God ;To look neither left or right but to keep our eyes straight ahead.

Proverbs 4:25-27
Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. 
Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. 
Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil. 


Are you in a current right now? Drifting into much uncertainty?  I encourage you to drop your anchor, place your eyes straight ahead, and walk through that current into His out stretched  arms.

When I Drift~

xoxo
 Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was