Skip to main content

When I Am UnCertain

Repost from Shaking' the Foundation
April 16th, 2015
*********************************************************************************


I am not immune to uncertainties in life. 
I have my share just as the next person does. 
Times when I have no idea what step to take......
What decision is for the best........
When my judgement is clouded by circumstances.....
And I feel as though I am drowning in my situation.

The misconception that is viewed upon those in the body of Christ is we never have bad days....
No doubts, uncertainties, fear or feelings of weariness and despair......
When we do have those days, we are to smile and act as though nothing is wrong because that would mean we have no faith.
 Or the painted picture of the world is to be a woman or man of faith  we walk through life all sunshine and roses without struggle one.
I have even had some mock me with their words " Where is your Jesus now?"
Wrong answer..... 

I have learned the stronger my faith becomes, the more battles I have.
Therefore I have times when I become so  weary in my flesh, I have my own uncertainties as to how I will overcome the task ahead of me. 
Even Jesus himself cried out to God when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane praying before he was arrested.

Luke 22:42
'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

He knew what his fate was and the task that laid ahead of him.
But look what happened after he cried out.....

Luke 22:43
An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.

It is when we cry out to our daddy God he sends the help we desire
The answers we need.......
The peace we long to have wash over and in us. 

My uncertainties do not come from the battles or decisions ahead of me. They come from my own lack of strength and wisdom. 
They will manifest when I lean to my own abilities and not those of my daddy God.
Today I  read these words......

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. 

Proverbs 24:14
Know also wisdom is like honey for you:
If you find it, there is a hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off. 

Being a woman of faith does not mean I will not have trials and tribulation in this life.
God's word tells us that we will have those. 
He also tells us he will never leave nor forsake us. 
Being a woman of faith  does not mean I will not fall in life, make mistakes or sub-come to the pressure of life. 
What it does mean......
I know who to lean on.....
I know where to turn for wisdom....
I know where my strength comes from.

There is no shame in having uncertainties.
It's is through my weakness  His power is made perfect.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 

When I am uncertain..........

Xoxox
Stacey


Comments

  1. Hi Stacey, shoo, tough post. So true though, the more one's faith grows the more battles there seem to be. We NEED God every day. Sometimes I think I am a little like Jonah, seeking to run away, but there is always that big fish to bring us right back to where God wants us. And He sustains us and strengthens us for what it is He has for us. Great post my friend
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Life is all about growing and learning to be all He has created us to be isn't it? So thankful that He holds us up in his right hand never to let us go.
      Thank you for your sweet words.
      God bless
      xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was