Skip to main content

Different Road.....Same Pain

 
 
The definition of pain :physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury
Injury can be physical and emotional.
 
We all walk roads of pain at one time or another.
Whether it's our own road or one we are walking for someone we love and care for.
 
Each one is a different based on the circumstances and situations they are going through.
Some are self inflicted by their own choices...
And some are not.
There are roads of pain that come to be simply because someone we love is going through hell and back and we have chosen to walk it out with them.
We do so because we love them.....
We do so because we have conquered our own road of pain and know how to prevail.
 
I choose do so because of the unconditional love of my daddy God has given me my entire life, never leaving nor forsaking me.
 It is unconditional love is what will bring those I love through the pain, out of the shame and into a new season of peace.....
His peace.
 
 
Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
 
 
Our daddy God will put those in our lives willing to walk our roads of pain with us.
Those who will encourage us to keep going....
To give us hope.....
To give us strength......
Those who will carry us when our steps become too heavy.
Others who experienced similar roads in life and know the journey to our destination.
Those who have no clue as to what we are going through but yet choose to stand for us because the love they have in their heart is bigger than the issues we face.
 
 
Our roads may be different in  the circumstances that surround our situations.
Some may be full of bumps while others my have many twists and turns.
Regardless how different our roads may be .......
Pain is pain  and the hurt is the same.
 
Our roads of pain may be in the form of rejection, loss of a loved one, a broken home, loneliness, old hurts and mistrust from childhood.
It may be physical pain from extended illness and injury. 
 
Regardless of where our pain stems from, it is up to us to allow God's grace into our lives.....
To trust in Him for complete healing.
 
 
Isaiah 41:10:
 "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right
 
It took me a very long time of living and wallowing  on my roads of pain to understand and see the true love of my daddy God.
I had to get to a place in my life where I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.
A place that I really wanted to be happy and no longer hurt day in and day out.
I had to open my eyes and my heart to see the hands reaching out to walk, run and carry through my roads of pain.
 
If you are on a road of pain right now.....
Regardless if it is bumpy, twisty and full of turns....
Whether it is full of sand and grit and loaded with rocks for you to climb.....
I promise you, if you stretch forth your hand, your daddy God has a hand there to grab you.
There is healing in the pain.
 
Different road... Same pain
 
Xoxoxo
Stacey
 
 
Romans 8:37-39: 
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Know Her Name........

 Over the weekend, I was blessed to travel with an amazing group of people to my home away from home, Cleveland Texas.  It is there supplies were brought and large cooking pots were fired up to cook and serve the community members after hurricane Harvey marked this town with his damaging winds and flooding rain. Serving and caring for those who have suffered a great loss tends to pull on the strings of my heart, however this precious lady not only pulled on my heart strings, her meek and humbleness has lodged a place in the depth of my soul. 

I had watched her walk through the church parking lot, shoulders slumped, her foot steps appearing to be in slow motion with her eyes scanning for someone to talk to. There was softness about her; a presence of need.  She asked if she had to register to gather the supplies she needed. After explaining to her she did not need to register and was welcome to take anything she needed, she humbly began to take a few items, she did not want to take …

Fresh Bread

Photo Credit: Clem Onojeghuo
Give us this day our daily bread.......  The smell of fresh baked bread never fails to have my mouth watering and my nose on high alert, not to mention the warm savory taste each bite brings with melted butter dripping over and drizzling down my finger tips. To say I love fresh bread is an understatement at the very least. Bread that gives me nourishment is not to be wasted, and neither is the spiritual bread my daddy God has for me.

The last week or so, when my alarm starts ringing and before my eyes are open, I ask the Lord to give my daily bread. A fresh word, a warm aroma, and a sweet taste of his bread (word) to begin my day. Now I must be honest and say I am far from a morning person. I am not the "jump out of bed, feet hit the floor running, birds chirping" kinda girl. I am a " hit the snooze button 5 more times, slowly sit up , and pry my eyes open with a crow bar" kinda girl.  And thankfully my daddy God knows this, after all …

When God Says Go, Will You Go?

Photo Credit: Greg Raines
Remembering the story of Jonah , God instructs him to go to the city of Nineveh and preach against it because of all the wickedness there. However Jonah fled from the Lord and ran in the opposite direction. After being thrown into the sea and swallowed by a giant fish for three days, Jonah cries out to the Lord and is then spat up from the belly of the fish to go and do as he was instructed.

Jonah 1:1-3
The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, : Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me." But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarnish, paid the fare and went down into it to with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.

I still have a time wrapping my head around the fact Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days. I can not fathom the intense grossness of it all. Can you? Had he gon…