Skip to main content

Blessing in the Waiting~Featuring Diana Dobbs




How much of our lives are spent waiting? We wait at red lights and stop signs, we wait in line at the grocery store, and if you work outside of your home, you know how much we wait for the weekend to get here!

All of the above things have a specific time we have to wait. Whether it be 3 seconds at a stop sign, 2 minutes at a red light, 5 minutes at the grocer or 5 days for the weekend. What else do we wait for? What about when we are waiting on God? The Word says "his thoughts are not out thoughts and his ways are higher than are ways". Where we say, "Lord, we need this now"....He says, "Not yet". So what do we do "in the waiting"?


Its easy to get discouraged "in the waiting". When we are waiting on God to show us the manifestation of a promise, when our bills are due, when our loved ones are running from God, the waiting seems endless.

But God is a good and merciful God and his timing is always perfect and ALWAYS on time! So again, what do we DO in the waiting? Do we fuss and gripe about and get angry and impatient? The Word says, "the trying or testing of our faith produces patience". Do we sulk and moan and cry? Do we DOUBT that our God will not come through for us, even though His record shows He always does? OR do we thank Him that he knows our every need, that he knows our heart's desires, he "knows our need BEFORE we have need of it"!

 Do we really cast all of our care on Him and leave it there?

Here is where the blessing is in the waiting. During the difficult times is when we are more open to listening. During our trying times is when we know that God HAS to do something or we sink. So we listen closely and wait. It is during these times that I find I completely give it to Him.. Whatever it is. I can, in the natural do nothing about the situation, but I know HE can. Its "in the waiting" that I have found He has molded me and shaped me.

That my trust in Him has grown tremendously, and where I use to have distress, I now have peace. Peace that in the natural would make no sense, not with everything going on around me, but the "Peace that surpasses all understanding", the Peace that "guards my heart and mind through Him and in Him".. It is a time that I completely trust in Him. I could not have done that 2 years ago. Not completely. But now I can, and so can you.

Whatever you have need of, whatever you are "waiting" on God for, whether it be a job, financial resources, a spouse or family member......HE KNOWS. Trust Him with everything and in everything. Let his Word mold you, let the situations change you, that you trust him completely. Live in the Peace that He's already given you, and in HIS time you'll get what He has for you and it will be EXACTLY what He wanted for you. But don't miss what could have been the biggest blessing....the change, the renewed relationship with Him, the peace that passes all understanding, the "blessing" in the waiting.

Love,
Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Know Her Name........

 Over the weekend, I was blessed to travel with an amazing group of people to my home away from home, Cleveland Texas.  It is there supplies were brought and large cooking pots were fired up to cook and serve the community members after hurricane Harvey marked this town with his damaging winds and flooding rain. Serving and caring for those who have suffered a great loss tends to pull on the strings of my heart, however this precious lady not only pulled on my heart strings, her meek and humbleness has lodged a place in the depth of my soul. 

I had watched her walk through the church parking lot, shoulders slumped, her foot steps appearing to be in slow motion with her eyes scanning for someone to talk to. There was softness about her; a presence of need.  She asked if she had to register to gather the supplies she needed. After explaining to her she did not need to register and was welcome to take anything she needed, she humbly began to take a few items, she did not want to take …

Fresh Bread

Photo Credit: Clem Onojeghuo
Give us this day our daily bread.......  The smell of fresh baked bread never fails to have my mouth watering and my nose on high alert, not to mention the warm savory taste each bite brings with melted butter dripping over and drizzling down my finger tips. To say I love fresh bread is an understatement at the very least. Bread that gives me nourishment is not to be wasted, and neither is the spiritual bread my daddy God has for me.

The last week or so, when my alarm starts ringing and before my eyes are open, I ask the Lord to give my daily bread. A fresh word, a warm aroma, and a sweet taste of his bread (word) to begin my day. Now I must be honest and say I am far from a morning person. I am not the "jump out of bed, feet hit the floor running, birds chirping" kinda girl. I am a " hit the snooze button 5 more times, slowly sit up , and pry my eyes open with a crow bar" kinda girl.  And thankfully my daddy God knows this, after all …

When God Says Go, Will You Go?

Photo Credit: Greg Raines
Remembering the story of Jonah , God instructs him to go to the city of Nineveh and preach against it because of all the wickedness there. However Jonah fled from the Lord and ran in the opposite direction. After being thrown into the sea and swallowed by a giant fish for three days, Jonah cries out to the Lord and is then spat up from the belly of the fish to go and do as he was instructed.

Jonah 1:1-3
The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, : Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me." But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarnish, paid the fare and went down into it to with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.

I still have a time wrapping my head around the fact Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days. I can not fathom the intense grossness of it all. Can you? Had he gon…