Skip to main content

My One Word For 2016


It's that time again.
Another year coming to a close and with that my new word for the new year has been whispered to my heart.

I began asking and praying what my word would be several weeks ago. I had a few tumbling through my mind but they just did not seem to take root in my heart.
 As I prayed I promised God I would wait for his voice to give me the one He wanted, not one I thought was fitting.
There are times in my anticipation and excitement  I tend to walk ahead and not wait on His instruction or timing.
But  wait I did  and in doing so, I hear Him speak......

" Declare"
 " Declare my words over your life and those you love."Declare my promises I have made to you and watch them unfold." 
"Declare life where darkness resides and see my light break forth. "
"Declare who you are in me and feel my love raise you up above all that has tried to keep you down."

God's word teaches us there is life and death in our tongues.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

What we speak (declare) over our lives will determine the fruit we shall eat.
I have come to understand what I speak forth returns to me. If I am claiming negativity and destructive ways over my life the sour fruit of those words shall take root and choke out any light in my life. However it is when I speak of Gods goodness and power regardless of situations and circumstances, the sweet fruit that I am now eating becomes blessings of victory and joy.
I am cloaked in peace that surpasses all understanding and wrapped in an unconditional love that has no measure.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out if your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

This past year , 2015, my word  He gave me was " believe".
I was to believe no matter what trials I walked through my blessings were in the making.
My victories were laid up for me to receive.
My lesson of growth has been  to walk by faith and not by sight,  to not focus on the negative but to trust my daddy God in all things.
I see where "believe" and "declare" go hand in hand.
I am to believe what my daddy God has spoken to be truth and to declare His words over my life for victory.

Elizabeth  Nixon recently wrote a piece on "Decreeing and Declaring". She explains "declare" comes from the Hebrew word achvah meaning "to make known". She goes on to say " As it pertains to us spiritually, declarations are what we speak into the atmosphere, making known what we already have possession of. We can declare our righteousness, our salvation, our eternal victory and friendship with God. "

2016 is my year to declare....
To make known His promises to me and to all I love.

 Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. 

I recently saw these words posted and have purposed to declare them daily.
"Because I honor Him, His blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I will be in the right place at the right time. People will go out of their way to be good to me. I am surrounded by Gods favor!!!
This is my declaration!!!"


Declare
2016
xoxo
Stacey


To read more of Elizabeth Nixon's article click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was