Skip to main content

Control...Such an illusion

Trying to control someone else choice of words, actions or even thought process,for me, can be compared to a game of tug-a-war. You can dig your feet in, grab hold tight, pull with all your strength and still end up on the ground.

For me, my "ground" time is .........

~SIGH~.   Well , more times than I want to admit......But is a defined reality in my life!


*Control is just an illusion when it comes to other peoples actions and words*


The Lord spoke these to me several days ago and then had me sit on them.


Waiting has never really been one of my best assets in life :)


But waited I did, until now.....


Jesus knows oh so well how my little "control" issues can and have gotten me into a pinch.

Of course I didn't see them as "control" issues. However they were and are. And by His grace I am still a work in process.

My illusions have come in many forms.

If I loved a person enough I could "change" them. ( that can make for bad relationship choices)

If I just do it myself because my way is right, their world will be a better place. ( Out of my love I have now enabled them for failure)

If I get angry at their choices I can force them into submission. ( WOW, can you say HUGE illusion??)

Now I am not talking about lending a helping hand, loving a person through a bad time, or expressing my feelings of anger, nor placing boundaries and accountability for your loved ones.

I'm talking about trying to control any and every situation the way I saw fit and deemed correct.

Our daddy God gives us all free will and He doesn't inter fer with that, so why would I think I could do such a thing?

Maybe it comes from being a single parent for most of my life, or maybe because I am a independent person, or maybe because I have such a huge heart for those in need I have taken on the burden of becoming their "Ms. Fix It".
( God didn't give me the title of "Ms Fix it", so why should I give it to myself? )
What ever the reasons, the reality is I can not control how another may walk, talk, act or live.

I have had to put my tug-a-war ropes down. ( more like box them up and store them away)

I have had to learn to love others through grace, mercy,forgiveness and with the eyes of Christ.

Regardless of my good intentions, playing tug-a-war isn't how we as the body of Christ can guide others to the fullness of the love of God.

He doesn't have a rope ready to pull us into submission. It's through his grace and his unfailing love that He shows himself.

The only "control" I have is the words I choose to speak,the actions I choose to take and the person I choose to be.

I choose to be more like Jesus~ :))

So as my pruning and shaping continue, I encourage you all, take a look around you, do you see areas in your life were you have the tug-a-war ropes out or are you allowing Christ to lead you by His love, mercy and grace??

It is through prayer and exhibiting Christ love that our tug-a-wars and control issues in life change.

After all, it is love, not control that conquers all~


Xoxox
Stacey



1 Corinthians 13:44 Love is patient, love is kind........

Repost from May 2,2012 @ Shakin' the Foundation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Know Her Name........

 Over the weekend, I was blessed to travel with an amazing group of people to my home away from home, Cleveland Texas.  It is there supplies were brought and large cooking pots were fired up to cook and serve the community members after hurricane Harvey marked this town with his damaging winds and flooding rain. Serving and caring for those who have suffered a great loss tends to pull on the strings of my heart, however this precious lady not only pulled on my heart strings, her meek and humbleness has lodged a place in the depth of my soul. 

I had watched her walk through the church parking lot, shoulders slumped, her foot steps appearing to be in slow motion with her eyes scanning for someone to talk to. There was softness about her; a presence of need.  She asked if she had to register to gather the supplies she needed. After explaining to her she did not need to register and was welcome to take anything she needed, she humbly began to take a few items, she did not want to take …

Fresh Bread

Photo Credit: Clem Onojeghuo
Give us this day our daily bread.......  The smell of fresh baked bread never fails to have my mouth watering and my nose on high alert, not to mention the warm savory taste each bite brings with melted butter dripping over and drizzling down my finger tips. To say I love fresh bread is an understatement at the very least. Bread that gives me nourishment is not to be wasted, and neither is the spiritual bread my daddy God has for me.

The last week or so, when my alarm starts ringing and before my eyes are open, I ask the Lord to give my daily bread. A fresh word, a warm aroma, and a sweet taste of his bread (word) to begin my day. Now I must be honest and say I am far from a morning person. I am not the "jump out of bed, feet hit the floor running, birds chirping" kinda girl. I am a " hit the snooze button 5 more times, slowly sit up , and pry my eyes open with a crow bar" kinda girl.  And thankfully my daddy God knows this, after all …

When God Says Go, Will You Go?

Photo Credit: Greg Raines
Remembering the story of Jonah , God instructs him to go to the city of Nineveh and preach against it because of all the wickedness there. However Jonah fled from the Lord and ran in the opposite direction. After being thrown into the sea and swallowed by a giant fish for three days, Jonah cries out to the Lord and is then spat up from the belly of the fish to go and do as he was instructed.

Jonah 1:1-3
The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, : Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me." But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarnish, paid the fare and went down into it to with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.

I still have a time wrapping my head around the fact Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days. I can not fathom the intense grossness of it all. Can you? Had he gon…