Skip to main content

Will The " Real " You Please Stand Up?



This is a re-post from March 2012 I wrote over at"Shakin the Foundation"  
****************************************************************************


The "real " me? .....

As a single mom the world has, on many occasions, label me with it's version of who I am . I have been told I am unlovable, that no man would ever want me.

I have been told I was too fat, and too skinny. I have been told I am too loud, not pretty enough, not educated enough, and not wealthy enough to fit in the great social status of life who the world deems the "beautiful" people.

I have been told I am a weak parent as there is no "man" in my household.  I have been told I'm not Godly enough, my values are lacking, once again there must be something wrong with me as I am divorced.

I  was told on a couple of occasions that I spent too much time with my children and was too involved with their sporting activities.

Huh?? Seriously..... You have got to be kidding!

Dear sweet baby Jesus..........

And the one that truly stuck  in my crawl.....

 Her children will never be anything as they come from a "unstable" home environment. W-H-A-T???
(I never set out to be a single mom. My goal was not to be the greatest divorcee in history. )

Once again being single automatically means you are unstable?

 Really? Seriously.... REALLY???

These are just some of the titles the world had labeled me with over the years.

Over the last few days I have been reading over several of the blog sites we follow. Each fabulous in their on right. However I noticed this morning God has shown me the same message from two separate blogs over the last several days.

Is he reminding me of who I am ? Yes I do believe he is.....

To give you a little back ground I need to tell you a little about myself. As a child I grew up with a single mom. My father did not see us by his own choosing and my brother, sister and I grew up with just our mom until my late teenage years.

What I didn't understand as a child, teenager and most of my adult life, the enemy had  assigned a spirit of rejection over me and my life. And in doing so I went through a large portion of my life believing all the titles the world had labeled me with.

When you believe a lie for so long, it can become a reality in your mind and thought process. Your self esteem becomes almost non-existent to the point you believe you deserve to be labeled with any and all negative titles the world can attach to you.

However I can tell you those titles the world so spitefully gave me is not who I am!

They never were. They were nothing but ugly, lying tactics from the enemy to keep me from seeing who I really am in Christ.  Once I began walking closely with the Lord and began to learn who HE says I am, those nasty titles began to fall off of me.

Yes Lord!!!

There are times when those titles try so hard to reattach themselves to me as well as my children. The enemy knows if he can't get to me, he will then try to label my girls. He knows one way to hurt me is through my children's pain.

Well that ball doesn't roll with me. Not even an  inch! I don't care who he ,the enemy, will use to try and take my children out. I don't care what slurs, insults, lies,deceit or labels he throws their way.

Why you ask? Why wouldn't you care. I use the word "care "loosely,let me rephrase....I don't worry........Yes that's it. I don't worry.

I know who God says we are. I know the labels and titles our wonderful daddy God has given each of us.

Thank you Jesus..... Thank you Jesus......Thank you Jesus!

So today as I am reminded once again who I am in Christ I want to share with you who our daddy God says we ALL are......

I am the apple of God's eye (Deuteronomy 32:9-10)
I am the salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15:1, 5)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)
I have been justified (Romans 3:24)
I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:1, 2)
I am assured that all things work together for my good (Romans 8:28)
I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:31-34)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:35-39)
I have been sanctified in Christ (1Cornithians 1:2)
I am righteous and holy (1Cornithians 1:30)
I am God's temple (1 Corinthians 3:16)
I am united with the Lord, I am one spirit with Him (1Cornithians 6:17)
I have been bought with a price. I belong to God (1Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22)
I am a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I have received God's righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am God's co-worker (2 Corinthians 6:1)
I am one in Christ (Galatians 3:28)
I am a saint (Ephesians 1:1)
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
I am holy, blameless and covered with God's love (Ephesians 1:4)
I have been adopted as God's child (Ephesians 1:5-6)
I am forgiven, and my sins have been taken away (Ephesians 1:7)
I am marked as belonging to God (Ephesians 1:13)
I have been raised up to sit with Christ (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God's work of art (Ephesians 2:10)
I have been brought near to God (Ephesians 2:13)
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
I share in the promise of Christ (Ephesians 3:6)
I can come into God's presence with freedom and confidence(Ephesians 3:12)
I am a member of Christ's body (Ephesians 5:29-30)
I am confident that the good work God has begun
in me will be perfected (Philippians 1:6)
I am a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me(Philippians 4:3)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins (Colossians 1:14)
I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
I am set free from my sinful nature (Colossians 2:11)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
I have eternal glory (2 Timothy 2:10)
I can find grace and mercy in time of need (Hebrews 4:16)
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)

I first read these last week on "Love has the final Say..."  . And then again this morning from "Girlfriends in God" where today's topic is "you are who God says you are"  ( Both are excellent ministry sites. I encourage you all to read them)

So to answer my own question once again.......

Is he reminding me of who I am?  You betcha!!!

I believe he is not only reminding me of who I am, he is reminding me who my daughters are as well.
No one can tell you the journey you will take to get to the place God has for you in this life. No one can run your race and by that, no one can give you a label or title.

We are who our daddy God says we are!!!

So I ask you all.......Will the "real "you please stand up?

Much love~
Stacey








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was