Skip to main content

Provision In The Unknown






In reading the book of Isaiah I have been fixated on  Isaiah 60:1-22. Here it speaks of the prophetic promises of restoration and the hope for Israel while in captivity.  I began to think about the promised restorations for my life and what has held me captive.

 One in particular has been my financial struggles over the years, robbing Peter to pay Paul maneuvers , but then again who hasn't had a struggle such as that from time to time? As a single parent I became good  surviving from pay check to pay check  and accepted my captivity of  financial stress as a never ending norm of life.  It was not the lack that held me captive, I knew my daddy God would provide,  it was the stress of the unknown as to how and where all would work together in my favor.

Stress has its own special way of showing up out of no where.  It is famous for sneaking in on me during the midnight hour. I wake up to find sub consciously I have been grinding my teeth while sleeping. Captivity while sleeping? Apparently so.

I began to search for freedom from this particular hold on me and came upon this verse.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

The footnotes read......

* All, always, and every are the emphases in this verse. God can meet  their own needs ( financial, spiritual etc.. and increase their resources to meet the various needs of others. * (NKJV)

I took a look back to those times in my life when I have fallen short. I saw where juggling  had become a mastered skill for me, however  I was not the one doing the catching. My daddy God in all his abundance had been the one providing for me each time I tossed a lack into the air. And in return there have been times, by His grace,  I have been able to meet the needs of others.

He never provides in the way I think He should ( what a relief)  but provides in the way He knows is best. He promises to provide for me. I am to trust in His provision and how He will have it manifest.
Never once does my daddy God's words tell me to panic, stress, doubt or fear until I see the provision. His words (promises) tell me to trust, believe, hope and stand in the knowledge that He is meeting every area of lack in my life.

 So why do I have moments of shear panic?  I am human, a woman of flesh who falls short daily.
I get caught up in the moment of chaos, the noise of the world and the emotions of my natural making. However I never remain in that position. Because of  His love, His grace and mercy, I am drawn out and into His dwelling place.  A position of peace and serenity, a place where love knows no bounds.

The world will look to  my lack and deem me unsuccessful, however my daddy God looks to my heart and calls me blessed.
And so are you...........

Deuteronomy 31:8
And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.




Provision In The UnKnown~

Linking With: My Daily Walk In His Grace
 

XoXo

Stacey

 

Comments

  1. Hi Stacey, I can so relate to the "stressing" and flat panic in the "moment" and I think that because we are fallible humans, God knows this, and His mercies are new every morning. I often wonder, when am I going to react right? in Faith instead of in fear? But as the years go by, my reactions are, shall we say, improving?! I still (over)react but not as much as before. We are all growing glory to glory, so long as we stick with Christ, He undertakes, understands, and thankfully offers us mercy DAILY!
    God bless my friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am still a work in progress my friend. You and I have had many a chats and prayer time together over our " stressful" moments. So grateful His mercies are new every day!! Bless you my precious friend!!
      xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was