Skip to main content

My Walk....His Calling



Photo Credit: Paul Dufour

I am a firm believer we are all called to walk according to His plan. I know within the depth of my soul I am created with a purpose, all to glorify His Kingdom. I came to know I had a calling when I was only 7 years old. As a young child it was liberating to hear Him speak to me the many wonderful things in store. The path, my young mind painted,was a beautiful road. One filled with great opportunities and victories along the way. I never dreamed of the trials I would face as I grew. And neither had I fathomed the hardships of my journey. Yet they came and some knocked me flat off my feet. As a pre-teen I did not comprehend  to walk with Jesus I would have trials as He did. It never occurred to me the world would turn against me due to my new found love of God. Looking back I see where I deviated off the road He had carved out for me; a path He fashioned just for me and when things became bumpy.... I bailed. It was never my intent to fall by the wayside. But fall I did, and each time I got back up, the greater I saw Him in my life.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

He did not leave me as a child, a wandering teenager or a confused young adult. Nor has He left me now, this grown woman, who is at the beginning of the second chapter of my life. I define my "second chapter" as a life with children grown and gone; each are building families of their own and are blessing me with grandchildren. My love for them all is unexplainable.

One would think this would be a breezy season. My time has become my own once again and yet I struggle to decipher which direction to take. It all boils down to the wrestling of my hearts emotions. I want to do His biding, to go where He says go, to do as He says do. I also want to be as close as I can be to my grandchildren. I want to be at every sporting event, Friday night sleep overs, and impromptu dinners. I want to be that grandmother.  And though my words are contradicting , I want to be all my daddy God created me to be. My struggle is real.
My thoughts take me back to scripture.

Luke 9:61
And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house."

I feel like this man. "Lord let me first witness all in the lives of my grandchildren before you send me." The truth of it all, I want to do both. And so here I am asking my daddy God to send me and yet I am holding on to the strings of my hearts emotions. And it's not only my grandchildren.  I want to be close to my all my family.Time with those you love is something that can never be replaced. This tug-a-war is a battle I never saw coming.

Yesterday morning as my alarm began to blare in the early shadows of light, I asked my daddy God for my daily bread; a word to feed my spirit as I start my day. Before my eyes were even open I heard two words ..... "Fall fresh"   A fresh anointing, a fresh vision, a fresh heart; these are the things I pray for. And then as I unfold the pages of my bible, my eyes are drawn to these words.....

Psalm 51: 10
Create in me a clean heart O God, And a renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous spirit.

I  am forever a work in progress and more than grateful He continues to do a work in me. Today I purpose to see the greatness of Him in my life and trust the path He has for me.

My Walk....His Calling.


Forever His Daughter,

Stacey

 







Comments

  1. "Forever His daughter" I love this ending. It's​ summary of all we are, even through our growing pains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good he has a purpose and calling for all of us. So wonderful that you've found yours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Her Mother's Daughter

It's time Mom......
Time to watch her go. Time to witness all the tender loving care, molding and shaping in your baby girls life take root as she walks into the next chapter of her life.

Her name is Jordan, best known to her family as their JuJu. Jordan is the youngest of two girls whose smile, charm and personality is larger than life.  And now her time has come to cast off the images of the little girl she once was and embrace the strong young lady her mom has so graciously raised her to be; to be all her daddy God has created her to be.



Growing up Jordan , like many in this world, was raised by a single mom. A mom that dug deep, loved with out conditions, and persevered through every obstacle life threw their way. While Jordan had and continues to have many who love and support her (sister, grandmother, aunt and uncle) and though we have never met, the common denominator she and I share......the daddy that was never there. For a little girl the absence of her daddy can be br…

He Did Not Just Wear His Badge.....He Gave His Life.

I don't recall a time in my life where my faith has ever wavered, I trust God. I believe in Him and His promises.   However in the recent events I am finding it's not my lack of  trust that has me on my knees, it's my lack of understanding . The grief that has consumed my community and our nation is smothering the very essence of my heart.
So much death.....
So much violence.....
So much brokenness.....
Division at it's worse.

As a nation we grieved for Dallas and the loss of the fallen officers. Today as a community we grieve for our own. The three hero's, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola, who lost their lives in a purposely orchestrated attack. A senseless act which has now placed Baton Rouge on the map of sorrow with others across the US. And one question that screams at us all............
WHY?

I do not have the answer nor will I pretend to.  I wish I did. I pray my words of comfort do not sound  cliche' or hollow. I pray the words from …

When Goliath Refuses To Fall

Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I ha…