Skip to main content

Control...Such An Illusion

Trying to control someone else choice of words, actions or even thought process,for me, can be compared to a game of tug-a-war. You can dig your feet in, grab hold tight, pull with all your strength and still end up on the ground.

For me, my "ground" time is .........


~SIGH~.   Well , more times than I want to admit......But is a defined reality in my life.



*Control is just an illusion when it comes to other peoples actions and words*



The Lord spoke these to me several days ago and then had me sit on them.



Waiting has never really been one of my best assets in life.



But waited I did, until now.....



Jesus knows oh so well how my little "control" issues can and have gotten me into a pinch.


Of course I didn't see them as "control" issues. However they were and are. And by His grace I am still a work in process.


My illusions have come in many forms.


If I loved a person enough I could "change" them. ( that can make for bad relationship choices)


If I just do it myself because my way is right, their world will be a better place. ( Out of my love I have now enabled them for failure)


If I get angry at their choices I can force them into submission. ( WOW, can you say HUGE illusion??)


Now I am not talking about lending a helping hand, loving a person through a bad time, or expressing my feelings of anger, nor placing boundaries and accountability for your loved ones.


I'm talking about trying to control any and every situation the way I saw fit and deemed correct.


Our daddy God gives us all free will and He doesn't inter fer with that, so why would I think I could do such a thing?


Maybe it comes from being a single parent for most of my life, or maybe because I am a independent person, or maybe because I have such a huge heart for those in need I have taken on the burden of becoming their "Ms. Fix It".

( God didn't give me the title of "Ms Fix it", so why should I give it to myself? )
What ever the reasons, the reality is I can not control how another may walk, talk, act or live.

I have had to put my tug-a-war ropes down. ( more like box them up and store them away)


I have had to learn to love others through grace, mercy,forgiveness and with the eyes of Christ.


Regardless of my good intentions, playing tug-a-war isn't how we as the body of Christ can guide others to the fullness of the love of God.


He doesn't have a rope ready to pull us into submission. It's through his grace and his unfailing love that He shows himself.


The only "control" I have is the words I choose to speak,the actions I choose to take and the person I choose to be.


I choose to be more like Jesus.


So as my pruning and shaping continue, I encourage you all, take a look around you, do you see areas in your life were you have the tug-a-war ropes out or are you allowing Christ to lead you by His love, mercy and grace??


It is through prayer and exhibiting Christ love that our tug-a-wars and control issues in life change.


After all, it is love, not control that conquers all~




XoXo

Stacey



1 Corinthians 13:44 Love is patient, love is kind........

**** Repost From Shakin' The Foundation 2012****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was