Skip to main content

Go After Them



The Lord has really put a burning in my heart for those who have been rejected ......
For those who continue to return to their life of old...
The ones that run....
The ones that hide....
The abused, beaten and scorned ....
And yes, the ones who constantly ride the fence.

Today as I listened for God's voice, I am reminded of Gomer. 
How many times did she return to her old life of harlotry ?
And many times did Hosea go after her??
Scripture doesn't give us an exact number of times, just that she left.
 What it does say is God instructs Hosea to love her again.....

Hosea 3:1
The Lord said to me, " Go,show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."


As the body of Christ, how many Gomer's do we have placed in our lives? 
Do we go after them time and time again?........
Or after a certain amount of time, wash our hands of them?
At one time or another we have all been a "Gomer"....
Running from what our daddy God has for us.....
But He never gave up.
If you have had a Gomer placed in your life, I encourage you to love them just as Christ loves you.....
 Just as He loves us all. 
No matter how many times they run and fall.....
No matter how many times they prostitute themselves to the world.......
Go after them....
And love them again!!!!

xoxoxo
Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her Son.....Our Saviour

This is a post I wrote 4 years ago  (4/8/12) on  "Shakin' the Foundation" blog site. I share it every Easter. I pray it ministers to your hearts.  **************************************************************************** As Easter approaches, I have been thinking alot about Jesus' time here on earth. We have all heard of his birth,his teachings,his signs,wonders and miracles. For the most part, we have been taught his life story from those who had the honor of walking daily with him, from those who witnessed every aspect of his life here. However today I am seeing his life through a mother's eyes....... Mary's eyes.....  As a mom myself, I can feel her joy when she looked into the eyes of her precious son. The miracle that she had been chosen to give birth to. That sweet precious baby boy that sometimes would fall down while playing, the one that cried out to her to pick him up..... Can you imagine looking into those beautiful eyes knowing wh...

Am I Ready Lord ??

I can speak of my past....... I feel safe in my present.......... But I am nervous for my future...... Excited and nervous wrapped into one. Am I ready Lord?? God's word tells us, He did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love and sound mind. So why am I so nervous?  Maybe I am scared of myself..... ~Sheesh~ Scared I will maybe make the same choices again..... ~Yuck~ Scared the "old" me will resurface and the emotional baggage of my past will consume the me of today..... ~Lord No~ Fearful if I truly allow someone in, I will be rejected.... ~tears~ Or the choices I make will be just that, MY choices and not God's will for my life. ~Sweet Jesus~  My door of isolation has opened, I take my first few steps breathing in the new season that is upon me...... It is a sweet excitement..... Very sweet!  But as refreshing as it is, part of me wants to run back to the sheltered place I hav...

A Word from the Lord.....Featuring Tracy Teppler

I love how God uses people and I love it and am humbled by when the Lord sometimes uses me in some small way.  I love when someone is desperate for a touch, a word, from God and... they get it.  I love when one is in church and you see how people have been touched by God. I WANT THAT TOO.. I WANT THAT... for me too.  My husband and I have been going through a very hard thing and its culminating in a court case on the 7th of February, but I have been fearful and alternating between begging the Lord to intervene before then, or begging Him to make it go away!  We have been trying to do all the right things, like reading God's word, trusting Him, speaking His word over the situation... But it is TOUGH to have faith in the face of the enemy's attempts at destruction when you have been standing for so long. And then.... WOW! The morning after a 5 1/2 hour meeting with our lawyers to prepare for the court case, the morning after being emotionally drained ...