Skip to main content

Who will Rise for me against Evil doers? ...Featuring Michell Pulliam



When you’ve done it for the least of them….
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, My soul would soon have settled in silence.” Psalm 94: 16-17.
Wasn’t it Chaplain Peter Marshall that said, '...because if we don't stand for something, we shall fall for anything'. Indifference is as bad as participation. If we as the Body won’t stand for those who are suffering, those who can’t fight for themselves, those who are impoverished…then who will? Listen, I’m not condemning the Body, for I too am a part of it; but we must all admit that somewhere along the way…we sort of lost some of our compassion.
When Jesus separates the sheep (those who showed compassion) and the goats (those who didn’t show compassion) and told the sheep to “come you blessed of My father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world”…why?  Because He said…”when you did it for one of the least of these (the hungry, the naked, the sick, and the imprisoned), then you did it for Me”. It doesn’t get any plainer than that folks! We’ll never get around it. If we don’t see about and care for those less fortunate…Jesus WILL put you in the category of a goat!  He said to those who didn’t have compassion (the goats), “depart from me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels”.
Wowee!! 
Don’t believe me? Read Matthew 25:31-46. As my husband would say…RED LETTERS BABY”. And no… we can’t do one and not the other, He said to do them ALL. Listen, we can get caught up in the affairs of this country and this world, but we mustn’t get it twisted!

We can look holy on the outside and say all the right things, but if we’re not demonstrating the love of Christ, then we’re not hitting a lick at a stick. We’re considered an unprofitable servant. If you can pass by a person whose suffering and not hurt for them, I question whether you have the heart of Christ. If this post convicts you…GREAT!
My purpose and intent have been accomplished. If it doesn’t start with us my fellow Believers…then who?  We are who Christ intended to use to carry out Luke 4:18-19, but we won’t be able to if we lack compassion. 
We MUST stand up the disenfranchised, we MUST stand up for the voiceless, and we MUST stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves.  He went about doing good and He healed them all…not just those who looked like Him, not just those who were in His socioeconomic class, and not just those who  were of His faith…but He healed them ALL…..

Comments

  1. Wow! Such convicting words, and much needed. Break our hearts for what breaks Yours, Lord, and give us eyes to see others the way You see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Alecia!!! This such a powerful, eye opening word!!! We are to love as Christ does, not the way the world states us to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one who befriends the homeless, I say, AMEN! and AMEN! and AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! Our lives have become so busy, we sometimes forget the MAIN purpose of our lives and our assignment...to seek and save the lost! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Her Mother's Daughter

It's time Mom......
Time to watch her go. Time to witness all the tender loving care, molding and shaping in your baby girls life take root as she walks into the next chapter of her life.

Her name is Jordan, best known to her family as their JuJu. Jordan is the youngest of two girls whose smile, charm and personality is larger than life.  And now her time has come to cast off the images of the little girl she once was and embrace the strong young lady her mom has so graciously raised her to be; to be all her daddy God has created her to be.



Growing up Jordan , like many in this world, was raised by a single mom. A mom that dug deep, loved with out conditions, and persevered through every obstacle life threw their way. While Jordan had and continues to have many who love and support her (sister, grandmother, aunt and uncle) and though we have never met, the common denominator she and I share......the daddy that was never there. For a little girl the absence of her daddy can be br…

He Did Not Just Wear His Badge.....He Gave His Life.

I don't recall a time in my life where my faith has ever wavered, I trust God. I believe in Him and His promises.   However in the recent events I am finding it's not my lack of  trust that has me on my knees, it's my lack of understanding . The grief that has consumed my community and our nation is smothering the very essence of my heart.
So much death.....
So much violence.....
So much brokenness.....
Division at it's worse.

As a nation we grieved for Dallas and the loss of the fallen officers. Today as a community we grieve for our own. The three hero's, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola, who lost their lives in a purposely orchestrated attack. A senseless act which has now placed Baton Rouge on the map of sorrow with others across the US. And one question that screams at us all............
WHY?

I do not have the answer nor will I pretend to.  I wish I did. I pray my words of comfort do not sound  cliche' or hollow. I pray the words from …

When Goliath Refuses To Fall

Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I ha…