Skip to main content

Moving Mountains


Have you ever had a time when life is going as perfect as perfect can be?
You are walking your path with some pep in your step.....
Excited with how things are evolving in life....
Happy as happy can be....
And then out of no where a mountain shows up dead center in your path. 
A mountain  so huge, you feel as though you will never climb over it; one that seems  indestructible never to be moved. 
A mountain that has blocked your path and distorted your vision. 
I have many times in my life and honestly I am not fond of them at all.

When facing a mountain my initial response has not always been words of faith.
I reacted from fleshy emotions and not my spiritual armor.  

"Please say it isn't so."  
I cried out. 
"Why?"  I ask.
"Are you serious God?"
" Please tell me you are joking?!?"
I was shocked and overwhelmed with emotions. 
I was tired and scared. 
Angry, frustrated, disappointed and hurt. 
I honestly had no clue how to conquer this particular mountain.  
This was not a mountain I fore saw.....
I had no inkling it was even approaching.

I told God, like he didn't already know, " I have had to stand in faith for mountains to move too many times in my life, do I really have to face this one?"
" You can blink your eye, snap your finger or say the word and it will be gone!!!"
"Just move it already please!!!!"

However His timing is not my timing.
And my list of reasons were just that ; "my" list. 
Instead of removing my mountain immediately.....
He spoke to my heart. 
In all his grace He showed me for some mountains to be moved truth had to prevail.....
Healing must flow.....
Trust had to grow.....
And fear needed to be removed. 

The words of encouragement began to flow within....
Trust
Peace
Protector
Defender
Shield
Victory
Beautiful words of encouragement and strength. 

But honestly I did not want words, I wanted action, immediate action. 
I did not want to "stand" strong. I had no desire to tackle this unwanted, undesirable, ginormous mountain that stood in my way. 
Fear of the unknown had swallowed my very being.
No longer did trust reside in my heart and the person that was emerging from my soul had become jaded and angry...... Again.
I did not like becoming that person. 
A woman who no longer holds to hope and trust,but clings to brokenness and anger. 
I had come so far and did not want to go back. 

As I stood there looking at that mountain, I purposed in my heart I would keep pushing. 
I would not allow this very thing to destroy me. 
I chose to conquer this mountain.
I decided to be victorious regardless of my emotions. 
It was then my daddy God loving spoke to me and said......

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

We  all eventually encounter a  mountain, a hill and even have to walk through a valley.
 It's standing on  faith that gets us through.....
It's standing on faith and in HIS grace that gets me through!!
I have learned a great deal through my life's mountains. 
My relationship with my daddy God becomes stronger.
I become stronger.
I have a higher level of trust and belief that all things work for the good of those who love Christ. 
I have learned his timing is the best timing even when I don't understand. 
And on the days I am climbing my mountain,  regardless if I am kicking my way through, He never leaves nor forsakes me. 

Are you starring at a mountain right now? 
Do you not see an end in sight?
Trust , no matter the size of the mountain, by faith it will be moved. 
He is a faith God!

My prayer today is no matter what mountains you may be facing, you can see the hand of our daddy God giving you strength. 
I pray you have no fear but a spirit of courage and boldness....
I pray for peace and wisdom.......
I declare victory!!

Moving Mountains.......

xoxox
Stacey

Matthew 17:20
So Jesus said to them, " Because of your unbelief;for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was