Skip to main content

So Many Questions

 It's been several weeks since I've blogged here.
I have had days lately when my life appears to be a three ring circus.....
Some days so  full of complete chaos I have felt as though I was being torn in a million  different directions, physically and emotionally. 
Others so great I just wanted to simply bask in the joy of them......
Never to move again. 
Life will do that.

I am finding that here recently I have many questions jogging through my mind.
Actually they are more like sprinting. 
As one question pops up another is surfacing.

" Am I where I need to be?"
Am I loving those around me like you want me to?"
" Do I continue to stand in the gap for this person or is my season completed here?"
" Have I shown grace where grace is needed?"
"Have I extended mercy and forgiveness instead of  anger and wrath?"
"Can others still see your light shinning through me when the clouds of darkness develop?"
"Am I still the one who you created me to be?"
" How much longer will this storm rage?"
"Will I ever see healing and peace for those I hold dear to my heart?"

As I asked these questions and more, I found myself giggling a bit thorough my tears of questions.
I have several male friends who believe women  analyze, dissect, over think and question life entirely too much.(I remind myself that men and women are wired differently.)
In reality there are times I probably do. 
However in my defense, I know that the heart my daddy God has given me is a heart of unconditional love and compassion. 
A heart I am not to allow to become jaded and hard by life's difficulties. 

Years ago I can remember asking God to make me an instrument of His love. 
Someone that can see past the scars and brokenness of others. 
Someone whose strength can endure when those around me can no longer stand. 
Someone whose past can be a beacon of hope for the hurting and suffering.

There are times when it seems such an impossible task.
When I , myself, am ready to break and all I wish for is to throw the covers over my head to escape from everything.
To shut my eyes tight and plug my ears.
But.........
 As appealing as that may sound at times, it is not something I can allow myself to do. 
Taking a break to refresh in life is good for the soul.
To lay down and quit is a death sentence to my every being.
I am so thankful for His promises.......

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

I believe my questions are founded.
They serve a purpose for my journey in this life. 
They are my path to wisdom and growth.
They give me hope that change is on the horizon.
They show me my hearts desire is still longing to be an instrument of his love and all my daddy God has called me to be.

 As for my sometimes over analyzing, over thinking, dissecting and at times questionable self, I am a work in progress.
And through it all my daddy God continues to remind me of his promises.

So many questions.....
xoxoxo
Stacey


Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Goliath Refuses To Fall

Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I ha…

He Did Not Just Wear His Badge.....He Gave His Life.

I don't recall a time in my life where my faith has ever wavered, I trust God. I believe in Him and His promises.   However in the recent events I am finding it's not my lack of  trust that has me on my knees, it's my lack of understanding . The grief that has consumed my community and our nation is smothering the very essence of my heart.
So much death.....
So much violence.....
So much brokenness.....
Division at it's worse.

As a nation we grieved for Dallas and the loss of the fallen officers. Today as a community we grieve for our own. The three hero's, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola, who lost their lives in a purposely orchestrated attack. A senseless act which has now placed Baton Rouge on the map of sorrow with others across the US. And one question that screams at us all............
WHY?

I do not have the answer nor will I pretend to.  I wish I did. I pray my words of comfort do not sound  cliche' or hollow. I pray the words from …

Digging Up A Bitter Root

Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."  (NIV)
" Many times bitterness is the result of unresolved anger; anger with ourselves or with others. . Anger that is not dealt with can easily become a dangerous bitter root in our hearts......"
(Click here for more on overcoming bitterness)  My mom has told me time and time again, " Stacey you forgive so easily, that's just who you are." Truth be told, I do forgive fairly easy; I have my moment , express my emotions, shed any needed tears, and move on. Am I perfect? Not hardly. Some situations and circumstances in my life have had me not wanting to forgive, and secretly hoping for God to smite them. Harsh? Yes I know." Lord forgive me."  However over the years I have purposed to do my best to see others with the eyes of my daddy God in spite of my hurting heart. And  there are times, regardless of my hearts desire to forgive, my best will have…