Skip to main content

A Year Older

 
 
 
Another birthday is upon me......
Another year older.....
A few more gray hairs growing......
( Nothing a box of color can't fix)
Maybe even a few more wrinkles crowning my face.
( Extra face cream to the rescue)
 
It's been 5 years since my daddy God moved me back to my home state and town....
In these 5 years I've had changes within myself.....
Healing, restoration, deliverance and much growth.
Looking back over the last 5 years, much has changed in my life.....
Changes for the good in me.....
For those I am most thankful.

I do however have areas in my life that to me seem stagnant....
No change....
Just sitting.....
Still waiting....

I tell myself, my time is not God's time and his time is always the right time....
I tell myself He is setting the stage for me...
He is preparing me for all He has for me.

And then I hear my clock ticking reminding me I will be a year older......
My flesh mocks me....
My mind taunts me....
My heart wonders......
When will my stage in life, the promises my daddy God spoke to me, truly reveal themselves?

I still to this day am amazed as to how and when my daddy God will speak to me.
The last few days I have come across the same scripture ....
It seemed to appear in the quite...
As I skim across daily devotionals.......
A little bigger text as I read fellow blogs....
And today bolder and brighter, dancing around in my mind as I begin my day.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desire of your heart.

I laugh out loud and tell him, " Ok Lord, I hear you"
" Through me you will receive"...He tells me.

He will give us the answers we search for....
He will speak to our inner most thoughts...
He will give us the desire of our hearts.

He knows me so well....
His daughter..
The little girl at heart who stands at the feet of her daddy God wide eyed.....
The woman on bended knee who cries out to him deep within her soul.....
The daughter of the King of Kings, who delights herself in him......
And receives the desires of her heart.


A Year Older....

Xoxoxo

Stacey






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Goliath Refuses To Fall

Goliath....  A Philistine giant who stood over nine feet tall, wearing full armor and came every day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelite's to fight. 


His stature was massive with a physical strength no man could match. He put such a vast fear into the army of Israel and King Saul no one was willing to confront him, until David, a boy after God's own heart, stood to face this giant with the colossal power of God standing with him.

Some may ask how does a sling and a stone become such a victorious weapon of war?
My answer...... It was the trust and faith in God alone that gave David and his sling and stone such a victory. All though I may not actually face a nine foot giant in life, I do however have had my own Goliath's to encounter. And the one over the last few years has refused to fall...........

Just when I think peace has finally found it's place in my life, this giant surfaces with its mocking and taunting war cry, challenging me to battle. I ha…

He Did Not Just Wear His Badge.....He Gave His Life.

I don't recall a time in my life where my faith has ever wavered, I trust God. I believe in Him and His promises.   However in the recent events I am finding it's not my lack of  trust that has me on my knees, it's my lack of understanding . The grief that has consumed my community and our nation is smothering the very essence of my heart.
So much death.....
So much violence.....
So much brokenness.....
Division at it's worse.

As a nation we grieved for Dallas and the loss of the fallen officers. Today as a community we grieve for our own. The three hero's, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola, who lost their lives in a purposely orchestrated attack. A senseless act which has now placed Baton Rouge on the map of sorrow with others across the US. And one question that screams at us all............
WHY?

I do not have the answer nor will I pretend to.  I wish I did. I pray my words of comfort do not sound  cliche' or hollow. I pray the words from …

Digging Up A Bitter Root

Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."  (NIV)
" Many times bitterness is the result of unresolved anger; anger with ourselves or with others. . Anger that is not dealt with can easily become a dangerous bitter root in our hearts......"
(Click here for more on overcoming bitterness)  My mom has told me time and time again, " Stacey you forgive so easily, that's just who you are." Truth be told, I do forgive fairly easy; I have my moment , express my emotions, shed any needed tears, and move on. Am I perfect? Not hardly. Some situations and circumstances in my life have had me not wanting to forgive, and secretly hoping for God to smite them. Harsh? Yes I know." Lord forgive me."  However over the years I have purposed to do my best to see others with the eyes of my daddy God in spite of my hurting heart. And  there are times, regardless of my hearts desire to forgive, my best will have…