Skip to main content

Slowing it Down


" One day at a time, sweet Jesus...
That's all I'm asking of you.
Just give me the strength to do every day, What I have to do......."

This old hymn has been playing in my mind for the few days....
Over and over the melody and tune softly playing in my head and singing in my heart. 

Two weeks ago on my way to work I began having symptoms of a heart attack. 
Relentless pain....
Radiating to my arm, back and jaw.
Cold sweat......
Hard to breathe.
 Every classic textbook symptom for a heart attack....
A stress induced heart attack.
I have had many UN-expected changes in the last few months. 
~ Sweet Jesus~

From working in the medical field for years, I recognized these symptoms and began to pray that I could make it to my office,  knowing there I could get help. 
I made it and emergency medical help was called.....
Off to the hospital I go. 
Not exactly how I had planned my day.....
~Sheesh~

My diagnosis was not a heart attack......
In fact it had nothing to do with my heart.
I had a spontaneous pneumo-thorax and my lung had collapsed 30%
Chest tube was the treatment to inflate my lung. 
Ouch and Yuck!!

I am on the mend......
Blessed for my daddy God's healing grace.....
His protection and love.
However I am not the most patient  person....
 Me wanting to jump back into my life with both feet has not worked out to well. 
I have never had anything  serious medically in my life.....
I have always worked with a cold.....
Pushed through with migraines...
Back to work 3-4 weeks after giving birth.
That's just me, who I am and how I was raised. 
In all honesty, I am not happy that I haven't bounced back as I have in the past. 

 "You are not 20 any more".....My body tells me.
" Hush" ... I argue back. 


But this time........
I must heed to instruction.....
I must slow down a tad......
I must allow healing to come naturally and not push.....
Baby steps....
Not monster steps.


Has something happened in your life that has slowed you down? 
Maybe it's your health....
Your finances....
Your job.....
Your stress level......
A change within?

Are you fighting it or embracing it???

I am learning to embrace mine......
~One day at a time sweet Jesus~

Blessings, 
Stacey


Exodus 15:26
26 and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight  give ear to His commandments and keep all His statues, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you. "



Comments

  1. Oh! So glad that you are on the mend! What a scary experience. Sometimes the Lord just wants us to pause for one reason or another, doesn't He? Right now we are in a season of waiting. We want to jump forward a be near our son, find a new job, a new home, etc., but we have other very important responsibilities right here and know God wants us to wait. It's frustrating, but also know that God has a purpose in everything, including His timing. I pray that as you go through this time of slow healing, you are showered with unexpected blessings!

    Trusting Him, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan for your sweet words of encouragement!! My prayers for you during your waiting period, knowing what our daddy God has for us both is amazing!!!
      Blessings to you !!
      Stacey

      Delete
  2. Prayers for you during this time of restoration! God is so good, thanks for sharing your testimony. Also we're super excited to have been introduced to you and your blog through Michelle's Facebook group! We look forward to reading more! - Steph & Jayma @ A Diamond in the Rough Ministries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers lifted for you. Glad you are on the mend. Slowing down...yes, this is something God has been speaking to me on. It began during my time in Guatemala and upon returning home I knew I needed to slow down and seek Him. Thank you for sharing with us. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stacey!! WOW! Had had no idea hon!! That's what I get for not getting on FB, huh?! Praise God for His healing mercies my friend!! Ahhh...slowing down! Something I'm learning how to do...for like you said "we're not anymore"! Don't I know it! :-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an experience! I've never heard of this. Hope healing is taking place as you rest. Rest ... oh yes, we could all use more of that. I think Sabbath is as important now as it was in the OT period. Prayers for your continued mending.

    And thanks for your nice comment on Family Fountain about a tough issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey, I will be praying for you my friend. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes to show us to slow down too! Take it easy sweet lady
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Sweet Comments Are Loved~

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

Getting My Hinds Feet

Several months ago I received a word from my daddy God telling me He was giving me hinds feet! I became so excited and thrilled not realizing what I was to go through to receive these promised hinds feet. In my mind, I saw it happening all at once.... No more would I struggle to get to the places I was called to go.... I would go leaping and bounding across all the boulders in my path.... There would no longer be traps and snares in my path.... I was climbing my mountain with my new hinds feet!!! But wait....... I now face more trials..... Heavier loads..... More stress..... More obstacles..... Loneliness that is unexplainable..... I look down and I do not see "hinds feet". I see crippled, hurting feet. ~sigh~ I do not understand.... I can't comprehend this journey.... I was promised hinds feet and I now appear to be stumbling my way over these now larger boulders in my path. I want my promised "hinds feet"......