Skip to main content

A Blazing Furnace


This morning I woke up anticipating to hear from my daddy God. 
I wanted direction and guidance in the worst kind of way. I had no words to speak only a heart that cried out for peace and assurance that all will be well. 

I opened the book of Daniel and my eyes locked in on the story of Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego.  God's word describes how the three of them refused to abide by the law King Nebuchadnezzar had passed that all would have to  bow and worship the gold imagine he had constructed. 
Scripture goes on to say how they were bound and tied by the strongest of soldiers. 
In the Kings fury he had  the furnace turned up seven times hotter than normal and thrown them in to be burned alive. 
To the Kings amazement , he saw 4 not 3 men in the blazing furnace. Not one was bound nor tied, not one was singed or scorched and neither did any of the three come out smelling of smoke. 
The  King began to sing his praises to the God of Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego. 

Daniel 3:28
28 Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

I read this over several times wondering how does it speak into my life.
With each word read, I ask God to show me the significance and how it applies to me. 
 He shows me there are times in life the world will have it's own soldiers to tie, bound ,and throw me into a blazing furnace.
"Ohhhh Lord.'   I whisper.
" What furnace have I been tossed in now?" 
I continue to read and slowly my eyes are open to the vision He wants me to see. 
Just a s the King threw them into the blazing furnace  and the Lord delivered them unharmed, 
He will deliver me from any blazing furnace in my life. 
The key to my deliverance is TRUST.
It is my trust in God and his power that will cause me to walk out of the furnace. 
For me to refute the powers of the world and place all my trust in my daddy God.....
Regardless of the blaze around me.....
Not one hair will become singed....
My clothes will remain unscorched.... 
No smell of fire shall be upon me.

Are you presently in a furnace? 
Do you feel the intense heat? 
Are the flames seemingly licking at your heels? 
You're not alone.
 We all have moments when the fires in our lives seem to be gaining on us. 

My voice has now found the words my heart so desperately has been searching for this morning and as I speak them to my daddy God,  He brings to me words of guidance, words to stand on. 

Psalm 18:2
" The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 

Nahim 1:7
The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him

Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego's refusal to bow to the demands of the King gave them favor in the eyes of God. 
They knew they could burn in that furnace however they keep their trust in God.
I know I am not physically in a blazing furnace, but the trials of this world can have me to feel as though I am. 
When I  refuse to bow to the demands of the world and place my  trust in my daddy God, I too have favor in his sight. 
And so do you!!

I am delivered!!


xoxoxo

Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was